I want to start by saying the best resource out there is our battle buddies. Nobody in this world will look out for you like your battle-buddies that is always a place to start. So reach out to either the ones you knew in the service or reach out to a fellow battle-buddy you have in all of us in the Best of Us channel in game or Facebook group.
The first recommendation I have for receiving help is a great program I have heard wonders about is Give an Hour- (they say it’s for post 9/11 vets but I don’t see them turning down a vet of any generation they are a good program)
My second recommendation would be to seek out your local American Legion or VFW post. They are everywhere in the states and they are vets who have been helping each other out for a long time they have many good personnel who have dealt with most likely a lot of the same problems you are going through.
We will be updating the page for other countries resources please be patient – if you are in immediate need please email me at – email@example.com – and tell me which country you are looking for and I will do my best to get the info you are looking for as fast as I can.
For crisis situations if you are in immediate need and feel comfortable message me on twitter (@evebestofus) or on Facebook (Sean Bedingfield) - you’ll recognize which one I am by profile pic you can’t miss it, on the Tweetfleet slack app (@jmcclain) or my email I have given just above.
United States Contact Numbers
- Depression Hotline: 1-630-482-9696
- Suicide Hotline: 1-800-784-8433
- LifeLine: 1-800-273-8255
- Veterans crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 press 1
- Norwegian Suicide Hotline: +47 116123
- Samaritans : 0845 790 9090 (www.samaritans.org)
- Phone number: 1813 (calling this number is free)
- Alberta: Suicide and General Distress 780-482-4357, emergency number: 211
- Greater Vancouver Hotline: 604-872-3311
- Phone number: 0900-0113
- direkte Gefahr: 112
- Kinder und Jugendseelsorgetelefon: 0800/0080080
- Gewalt gege Frauen (notruf): 08000/116016
- Weisser Ring(Gewaltopfer): 01803/343434
- Telefonseelsorge: 143
- Hotline: 0800 543 354
- Kids Helpline: 1800 55 1800
- SANE Mental Illness Helpline: 1800 688 382
- International Suicide Hotline list: http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html